Life is an emotional two-steps-forward, one-step-back dance right now, so when I’m ahead, I grab my camera and do my best to nourish my soul. This week I was able to take Beth’s advice below and run with it, grabbing some wonderful flashes of happy. Celebrate with me, won’t you?
Flash #1 ~
There’s a new grandbaby on the way! My daughter created the board for the announcement below and brought our precious big-sister-to-be Rae-baby over for the pictures. I don’t usually photograph things that move (and boy did this one move!), but we all had a great time and are happy with the results.
Flash #2 ~
I also managed to make another still life photo earlier in the week. We’ve had a lot of rain and the sun just hasn’t been cooperating with my work schedule, so light is scarce when I’m home. But even though I only captured the single image below, the cheery yellow makes me quite happy.
Flash #3 ~
Did ya see it?! Did ya see it?! Did ya? Did ya? See what? Well Jurassic World of course! I’m a total dork I know, but I actually got a little misty during the fly-overs of the island as the theme music swelled. Twenty years ago I cuddled with my then 6-year-old daughter as we watched part of the original on TV, marveling at the dinosaurs, with a blanket to hide under during any scary parts of course. Oh the nostalgia!
So did you grab any flashes of happy this week?
I’m celebrating the extraordinary ordinary today with Barb Brookbank’s Sunday Sundries. Do you have something to celebrate? Come join us!
Today I’m joining Emily Freeman as we recall what we learned this past month. So, in no particular order…
- I forgot how much I love to plant flowers. I used to put pots of flowers on my porch each spring, but hadn’t done so in quite a few years. This year I took a trip to the nursery and brought home the beauties above. They’re not much, but they make me happy.
- Starting counseling in January was a very good decision. This has been one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done, but this past month I began to make progress. It’s still hard, yet good at the same time.
- It is absolutely possible to adore someone you’ve never met. Our newest granddaughter, Eden Rose, was born this month. She and her parents live a thousand miles away and I don’t know when I’ll get to see her in person, but I am totally smitten already.
- I am terrible at snapchat. The only reason I downloaded the app is because it is my son’s favorite way to communicate, and since he’s the one a thousand miles away with a new baby, well, you do anything to get pictures often. I definitely need more screenshot practice.
- Fitbit is fun! I love this fitness tracker! There’s just something about reaching that step goal each day. My husband and I even fight over who gets to return the grocery cart to the corral at the store in order to rack up a few more steps. Yeah I know, we’re dorks.
- I like avocado. Yes, it’s true, I had never tried avocado before this month. After all, it’s green and smushy and green and smushy things can’t possibly taste good. I was wrong.
- You never know where following a dream might take you. Kim Klassen, still life photography instructor extraordinaire, is holding her first ever live workshop in September! And I get to go! For 4 days! To Canada! Pinch me!
That’s all for this month! Can’t wait to see what June brings.